- Rainbow Skip Hire take a deliberate approach to prevent pollution and reduce waste sent to landfill.
- Prevention and reduction are far more desirable and economically beneficial than rectifying damage after the event.
- As a company, we control our activities to avoid causing unnecessary and unacceptable risks or adverse effects on the environment as far as is reasonably practical.
- As a minimum we will comply with all current legislation relevant to our activities. In addition we will:
- Develop environmental awareness and individual responsibility amongst all our employees at all levels.
- Rainbow Skip Hire will continue to improve standards by utilising technology, whilst maintaining a consistent recycling approach.
- We will extract the maximum amount of reusable/recyclable materials. Any non-recyclables will be sorted, recorded and transferred safely for refuse derived fuel.
- Vehicles and equipment will be maintained and operated to provide the maximum environmental protection.
- We will work in partnership with our customers, suppliers and subcontractors to achieve responsible and best value solutions to waste recycling.
- Local community interests will be assessed and positive communication engaged where appropriate.
- Reduce fuel consumption by using local providers of goods and services.
- Effective methods of source separation will be preferred to maximise the recovery of materials and thereby minimise pollution.
- Natural habitats and wildlife will be respected and controlling work around their habitats will be encouraged.
We shall keep this policy under review and ensure that the company consistently complies with current legislation and continually improves its environmental performance.